The MBBS, as offered in India, is one of the world’s most demanding, but comprehensive and complete, medical qualifications. And for those who manage to complete the six-year course of study, it leads to one of the most satisfying, respected, and lucrative careers in the world. Getting there is not easy though.
Gaining admission to an MBBS program in India is hard, and some say it gets harder every year. It can be a very expensive undertaking as well. It’s for these reasons that every year thousands of talented students who may very well have the potential to become excellent doctors give up on their dreams and choose a different career instead.
Georgia is a beautiful country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia, located partially between Western Asia and Eastern Europe. Georgia is a country that is divided into 9 regions, 1 city, and 2 autonomous republics which are further subdivided into 67 districts and 12 self-governing cities. It contains two official autonomous regions, of which one has declared independence.
The Georgian climate is extremely diverse, with respect to the nation’s small size. It has two major climatic conditions, roughly corresponding to the eastern and western parts of the country. The Greater Caucasus Mountain Range plays a vital role in controlling Georgia’s extremely diverse climate and protects the nation from the penetration of colder air masses from the north. Whereas, the Lesser Caucasus Mountains partially protect the region from the influence of dry and hot air masses from the south. The wettest periods generally occur during spring and autumn season.
Why should you choose Georgia for MBBS?
- The cost of living is low.
- It is one of the safest countries to live.
- Universities in Georgia have low tuition fees as compared to other private MBBS institutions around the globe.
- There is no requirement of IELTS/TOEFL
- The language of teaching is English
- Has a visa approval rate of nearly 100%.
- Extremely cordial environment for the students
- The medical colleges in Georgia are WHO and MCI approved
- Admission process in Georgian universities is simple and less time-consuming
- There are very good hostel facilities for international students.
- Fees can be paid in two instalments according to your convenience
- The students receive the best salary packages in Georgian Medical Universities
- There is no tuition fee when it comes to the course of the last year.
- It also gives opportunity for 1 year of internship after completing your education in Georgia.
- The quality of education is very high and therefore provides an opportunity to work anywhere around the globe.
In Georgia, only students with a secondary school certificate have access to higher education. Only the students who have passed the Unified National Examinations can get admission in a state-accredited higher education institution, which is completely based on merits. Almost every educational institution offers three major levels of study: a Bachelor’s Program (three to four years); a Master’s Program (two years), and a Doctoral Program (three years). A special programme is also available that represents a single-level higher education program lasting from three to six years known as Certified Specialist’s Program.
Georgia is one of the famous and preferred place to pursue a career in MBBS among international students. Pursuing MBBS in Georgia provides the students a platform where they get an opportunity of high-paying job in some top medical farms and hospitals throughout the whole world. Students who want to study medicine here can apply for scholarship if they have 50% marks or more. Medicine universities here are approved by health organisations like WHO, UNESCO and MCI. As a result of which, more than 500 Indian students go to Georgia every year to fulfill their dreams of becoming a doctor.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR AN MBBS IN EUROPE / GEORGIA
Although it is often easier for an Indian student to obtain admission into an MBBS Program in Georgia programme than it might be back at home, there are still standards and requirements that have to be met for them to do so. These include:
- The student must be at least seventeen years old.
- General/Open Class students will need to have completed high school and taken the high school exam and scored at least 50% in PCB Group.
- ST/SC/OBC will need to have completed high school and taken the high school exam and scored at least 45% in PCB Group.
GEORGIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES FEES STRUCTURE
|UNIVERSITIES||1ST YEAR TUTION FEES||5/6 YEAR TUTION FEES(INR)|
|David Tvildiani Medical University||8000$||34,56,000|
|Geomedi Medical University||5500$||23,76,000|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||7000$||30,24,000|
|Akaki Tsereteli State University||3600$||15,55,200|
|Caucasus International University||5500$||23,76,000|
|East European University||5000$||21,60,000|
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy||7000$||30,24,000|
|Georgian National University (SEU)||5500$||23,76,000|
|New Vision University||6500$||23,40,000|
|Tbilisi Open Teaching University||5500$||23,76,000|
|Georgian American University||5500$||23,76,000|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||4000$||17,28,000|
|Ilia State University||5300$||22,89,600|
|Grigol Robakidze University||4500$||16,20,000|
|Tbilisi State Medical University||8000$||34,56,000|
|BAU International University||6500$||28,08,000|
|University of Georgia||6000$||25,92,000|
- 1USD=INR 72 (approx. for calculation) Actual rate at the time of fees payment will be calculated.
- Food Expenses 90$-100$ per month. Accommodation 100$-120$ per Month (Excluding above fees structure).
- Education Consultancy Service charges, University Administrative charges, Visa processing charges, Online MCI Coaching Charge, Insurance Charge, Visa Extensions & TRC Card charges and Air-ticket charges are Excluded from above fees structure.
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate (In English)
- Passing Certificate/Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate (In English)
- 6 Passport size Photos (Matte Finish – White Background)
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Copies of Parent/Guardian bank statements dating back six months